|Dale and Mary Huls have been married since 2006 and live on fifty acres in Northeast Texas with their three German Shepherds and an unruly garden. Dale and Mary attend the First Baptist Church of De Kalb.
Dale is an Air Force veteran and former military contractor. He has worked in the US Nuclear Weapons Complex at the Savannah River Site in Aiken, South Carolina. Dale recently retired from NASA where he worked for 20 plus years at the Johnson Space Center (JSC) in Houston.
Dale first became politically active in Texas with Glenn Beck and the Tea party movement back in 2009 and have remained very active in the Republican Party and the Texas conservative movement. Highlights of Dale’s activism are as follows:
Our country is changing, and we must fight back. Dale seeks to be a servant leader whose actions have been and always will be guided by the Bible, the US & TX Constitutions, and the RPT Rules and Platform. To Dale, that is the basis for the core values and principles of a Texas Republican. He is big on transparency and accountability and expects to be held to the same standards.
- He served as a Republican Party precinct chair and election judge for 10 years in Harris County, TX (2009 - 2019).
- He has been a past President of the Clear Lake Tea Party and the Clear Lake Area Republicans.
- He was recognized as a 2015 Champion of Freedom by Grassroots America We the People based in Tyler, Texas and led by JoAnn Fleming.
- He was also recognized as a 2016 Conservative Leader by EmpowerTexans run by Michael Quinn Sullivan. He has the sword to prove it.
- Dale has run precinct conventions, attended every RPT convention since 2010, testified in legislative committees and lobbied state lawmakers regarding Republican platform positions
- He has written border security legislation (SB 1252/85th and SB1254/87th Regular Sessions).
- Dale has spent 13 years as a Texas Border Volunteer in order to provide first-hand accounts of the Texas border situation to Texas grassroots organizations.
- Before Dale retired from NASA, he volunteered to work for 3 months supporting the US Border Patrol in McAllen, TX at the Rio Grande Central Processing Center and currently lectures about what goes on after illegal border crossers are taken into custody.
- And finally, Dale maintains continuing relations with many conservative politicians and grassroots leaders across the state.